32-year-old wall painter dies due to electrocution while working at Kachakanti Temple
In a tragic turn of affairs, a 32-year-old house painter died due to electrocution. The incident took place earlier today in Udharbond, Silchar.
Itkhola resident, Satya Gopal Das is a wall painter by profession and had gone to work at Kachakanti temple. While he was painting the walls he got electrocuted and was immediately rushed to the local hospital. Doctors there asked the attendants to take Das to Silchar Medical College and Hospital.
But by the time they could reach SMCH, Das had succumbed to the shock. “He was brought dead,” informed a medical officer in SMCH.
An eyewitness said, “After painting a part, he went to wash the other part of the wall, he was about to paint. While he was splashing water on the wall, it came in contact with an open joint and thus he got electrocuted.”
Das’ untimely death has shocked his family and friends.