New SOP will be effective from July 20; Here is all that you need to know
The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has reviewed the situation of COVID-19 in the State and observed that, though few districts have shown improvement in the positivity rate, the number of active cases and positivity rate is still high in some districts like Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur and Biswanath.
Whereas, Goalpara and Morigaon districts, after facing total containment for over 2 weeks, have shown improvement in terms of case load and positivity rate;
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers, conferred under Section 22(2)(h) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the Chairperson, State Executive Committee of the State Disaster Management Authority., Assam, do hereby issues the following directives for both rural and urban areas which will remain in force w.e.f 5 AM of July 20, 2021 until further order.
A. Containment Zones:
In case the test positivity of COVID-19 in any area reaches more than 10 cases in the last seven days, the jurisdictional District Magistrate will notify such areas as total containment zones in consultation with MD, NHM and ensure necessary containment measures for COVID-19.
However, in such zones, emergency services will continue round the clock and essential services including shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder, etc will remain open upto 5 PM.
Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipments through e-commerce in such areas will continue round the clock.
C. Other restrictions and relaxations:
1. All Government servants (including contractual and fixed pay) who have taken atleast one dose of COVID-19 vaccine shall attend office except in total containment areas. Private sector entities may take their own decision about attendance of their employees on this account.
2. Employees who have not taken vaccine will have to attend office as and when their services are required by respective authorities. 3. Employees engaged in emergency / essential services shall attend their duty without any restrictions at any place.
4. The organizations (Government / Private) rendering Essential/Emergency Services, Law Enforcement Services and Election work will continue working without any restrictions in all districts.
5. Pregnant women employees and women with children of 5 years or below working under any Government / PSU / Financial Institutions Private Organizations irrespective of their grade shall be eligible to work from home.
6. Persons with disabilities (PwDs) working in any Government/PSU/ Financial Institutions/Private organizations shall be exempted from attending duties in consonance with the O.M No.11013/9/2014/Estt. (A.III) dated 1st April, 2020 issued by DOPT, Gol. However, they may be encouraged to work from home.
D. Public Transport (Government and Private):
1. There will be a total ban on movement of all public and private transport in the total containment districts. However, movement of goods shall continue.
2. In other districts:
All Public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers etc.
II. Auto Rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers maintaining social distancing.
Pillion riding will be totally prohibited in two wheelers, except with women and children.
IV. Intra-district transport, with 50% seating capacity and observance of COVID appropriate behaviour, may be allowed.
V. All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
VI. Wearing of face mask is mandatory even for a single person driving a vehicle. In case of persons travelling in any private car, up to 100 % of its seating capacity, wearing of face mask is mandatory for all the persons.
E. Educational Institutions (Government and Private):
1. All Educational Institutions including Schools/Colleges/Universities shall continue to provide quality virtual options. No physical classes are allowed.
2. Teachers / Faculty members need not attend their respective institution but if District Administration engages in COVID 19 / flood relief related emergency duties, they will have to attend assigned duties.
1. Wearing of face mask is compulsory in all public places.
2. Shop owners shall ensure minimum six feet distance among customers and shall not allow more than 5 persons inside the shop. In addition, shop owners should compulsorily keep sanitizers and hand wash in their shops.
3. Shopkeepers and customers shall have to wear masks, hand gloves and maintain social distancing. Responsibility of maintenance of social distancing will be on the shop owner and failure to do so will be viewed very seriously and may entail summary closure of defaulting shops.
4. Industrial units and Tea gardens may function subject to observance of COVID appropriate behaviour. Head of the unit/tea garden shall be responsible for ensuring social distancing, mask wearing by workers and staff, sanitization of industrial premises, thermal scanning etc.
5. Operation of physical activities of Guwahati Tea Auction Centre (GTAC) including e-auction are allowed with 20% of the total work force till 3 PM including tea tasting, sampling, brokering. Warehousing is fully exempted.
6. All persons to celebrate Eid from their home. Religious rituals e.g. Namaaz at mosque is allowed with not more than 5 persons including the religious head.
7. Excise authority will continue taking strong action against illegal production and sale of country liquor in all the districts as a covid containment measure.
Other restrictions including odd-e formula for plying of vehicles in urban areas, declaration of containment zones etc. as notified vide Order No.ASDMA.28/2021/63 dated 4th May, 2021 and ASDMA.24/2020/Pt-2/241 dated 12th May 2021 and ASDMA 24/2020/Pt-2/253 dated 15th May 2021 for urban and peripheral areas, restriction on inter district movement issued vide ASDMA.24/2020/Pt-2/255 dated 17th May, 2021, ASDMA/28/2021/90, dated the 4th June 2021, ASDMA 28/2021/86 dated 25th May, 2021, ASDMA 28/2021/108 dated 21st June, 2021, ASDMA 28/2021/126 dated 26th June, 2021, ASDMA 28/2021/148 dated 6th July, 2021and exemptions via clarifications issued vide Order No.ASDMA.24/2020/Pt-2/250 dated 13th May, 2021 shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by this order.