Cachar College students demand TDC Odd Semester Examinations to be held in blended mode
Degree students of Cachar College have urged Assam University to hold the upcoming TDC Odd Semester Examinations both in offline and online mode (also known as blended mode) considering the ongoing pandemic situation. Many students living in different parts of the country who study in degree colleges of Barak Valley are still out of station after the lockdown started and have not returned yet. Though the colleges have opened in Assam but the attendance is not mandatory. While Govt. colleges are having classes, Private Degree colleges are mostly empty as students prefer to learn online without attending physical classes. The Assam University authority has not published any routine or schedule for the upcoming TDC Odd Semester Examinations till now. Assembly Elections are scheduled to take place in the state from April and the education boards of Assam including SEBA and AHSEC have already declared their examination schedule taking the elections into consideration.
The students of Cachar College have plead to the University Authority for considering their demands sympathetically. They have termed the offline exams to be unfeasible and listed a number of reasons for it which include :
1) The Covid-19 pandemic is not over yet
2) It is not possible for every student to appear for offline examination due to covid-19 pandemic. Conducting online examinations will ensure the safety of student and teachers and College authorities.
3) No Covid vaccines are provided to any of the students and teachers. For that there is panic among students.
4) Even while attending the classes in College it was very tough for us to maintain Covid protocols.
5) Students of Assam University campus are provided with the facility to write online exam however we are deprived to use the facility.
6) Other institutes like IIT, IIM and other Universities are also conducting the online examinations.
The memorandum was signed by Anupom Deb on behalf of all the odd semester students of Cachar College, Silchar.