Nine covid positive cases reported today in Barak Valley, state toll rises to 256
Along with the whole country, COVID cases are increasing in Assam and Barak Valley at an alarming rate. A total of nine cases were reported from Barak Valley on Friday.
According to the received reports-
1. Abdul Rehman (62) Danehari, Sonai, came from Chagalia West Bengal.
2. Ramij Ali (32), Nagdirgram, Sonai, came from Chagalia West Bengal.
3. Moti Miya (54), Nagdirgram, Sonai, came from Chagalia West Bengal.
4. M.G Hussain Laskar (17), Nagdirgram, Sonai, came from Chagalia West Bengal
5. Zkariya Ahamed,(19), Lalpani, Hailakandi, came from Andhra Pradesh.
6. Maha Alam Talukder, (31), Bhagabazar, Cachar, came from Chagalia West Bengal.
7. Khailur Rahman,(45), Anglarbazar, Cachar, admitted in SMCH.
Worryingly, the seventh patient, Khailur Rahman, was reportedly infected with Covid while undergoing treatment in another ward of Silchar Medical College Hospital and how did he get infected is now a matter of concern. Moreover, the health workers who come in contact with him are also at risk of infection.
Earlier in the day, it was learned that Faizul Haque Barbhuiya (62) of Katlicherra area of Hailakandi district and Akram Ali (72) of Surtara, Cachar tested positive. Both of them came from outside and were in the institutional quarantine.
At 7:45 pm, state health minister Himanta Biswa Sharma tweeted that 26 people in quarantine at the Sarusajai Stadium in Guwahati had tested COVID positive. With this, the total number of Covid infected in Assam stood at 256. Of these, 54 have recovered, four have died, and three have migrated. The number of active victims now stands at 195.