Hailakandi-Guwahati bus burnt to ashes; passengers safe, all luggage lost
In a shocking turn of affairs, a night super travelling from Hailakandi to Guwahati has burnt to ashes. The incident took place in Ratacherra area around 9 PM today.
As per available information, the passengers spotted flame in the bus and then they immediately rushed out of it. Within minutes the entire bus burnt down to ashes.
Reports coming in suggest that no passengers got injured due to the fire, however, all the luggage that was kept in the trunk burnt with the bus. Locals came to rescue the passengers.
An eye witness who was traveling in the next bus informed us over the phone that the bus probably caught fire due to a short circuit. He added that all the passengers have been rescued and lifted in another bus moving in the same route.
The number plate of the bus under fire read AS 24 C 2977.
On the other hand, there is a sense of panic in Barak Valley as the relatives are not able to reach the passengers on board.