State University, Flyovers, New Jail, Rice Mill, Jobs: Highlights of Cabinet Meeting in Silchar
Chief Minister of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma thanked the people of Barak Valley for the support extended to the Government of Assam in organising the first ever Cabinet meeting held in Silchar. He added that the government of Assam will plan an Assembly in Silchar.
Highlights for the people of Barak Valley:
- Grateful to the people of Barak Valley for their active participation in celebration of Lachit Divas. A large participation was witnessed from Barak Valley and I am grateful to the people of Barak Valley for such warm welcome to the idea of commemorating the 400th birth anniversy of Lachit Barphukan.
- GC College to be upgraded as a State University. It will be a state university outside the jurisdiction of Assam University.
- The restrengthening contract of half-done sluice gate at Bethukandi will be handed over to the Water Resources department. Rs 59 crores have been sanctioned for Bethukandi. Additionally, Mahishabeel will be earmarked as a protected land.
- Proposed 4 lane elevated flyover from Ramnagar to Trunk Road covering a stretch of 4.10 kilometre. However, this needs demolision of India Club which is considered
- Proposed a flyover at the sinking zone (100 mt) in Silchar – Kalain road.
- Capital Point to Rangirkhari flyover, we are leaving for another discussion. That is not an announcement but a wish.
- Rs 135 crore sanctioned for the development of the Mini Secretariat in Silchar.
- Karimganj Water Supply scheme Rs 55 crore
- Hailakandi Water Supply Scheme Rs 56 crore
- Badarpur Water
- We have approved 100 beded hospital in Lakhipur.
- Two new colleges in Silchar, Degree Model College in Dholai and Lakhipur respectively
- Rs 81 crore has been sanctioned for the construction of a Milk Processing unit
- Rs 10 crore has been sanctioned for District Sports Association’s ground in Silchar.
- Rs 15 crore grant has been announced for Barak Valley Engineering College
- Rs 227 crore for the construction of a 200-bedded Super Specialty Block.
- Rs 650 crore has been sanctioned for the construction of Medical College in Karimganj in
- Rs 180 crore has been sanctioned for the construction of Agriculture College in Patharkandi
- District Hospital will get a grant of Rs 146 crore
- Cachar High School, Narsing High School, DN High School Rs 10 crore each
- Hailakandi District Hospital will get a Mother and Child Care unit and Rs 23 crore has been sanctioned.
- Silchar Jail to be transferred to Lakhipur and a botanical zone will be constructed within the premise. 100 bigha has been allotted for the construction of the jail in Lakhipur. 50% of the land will be used for the construction of the jail and rest for the park.
- 50% subsidy to a private party willing to construct a rice mill with minimum capacity of 4metric ton per hour.
- In Hailakandi, a new circuit house has been sanctioned.
Information regarding Recruitment Examination
- After Guwahati, Silchar centre was the second most successful in the state.
- Silchar – Class X and above vacancy – 5000 post Silchar centre 1000. Class VIII and above, 2088 out of 10,000
- 1547 applicants from Barak Valley cracked the recruitment examination where there are 10000 posts.
- Since May 2021, Home Department 708 AB Constable, 268 UB constable and a total of 3358 applicants from Barak Valley have already got jobs in Barak Valley across different sectors.